Mar 25, 2009

As a Christian...

"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother." 1Jn3:9-10 (NIV)

This is something I read today and I was pondering over it. God's standard is really high. But then, it was not written that those who are born of GOd will not sin instead it was written that NONE, NO ONE, Not even 1 who is born of God will CONTINUE to sin. It is an absolute statment and yet it is possible for us, sinners to reach with His grace.

Wow if I am continuing in my sin, I am not considered to be born of God because if the seed of God is in me, I couldn't continue to sin. Somehow God will intervene and I will somehow stop it.

Reflecting back, there were moments when God actually intervened when I was in sin. If GOd had not caused my sins to be exposed; if God didn't get someone to point out my sins; if God didn't create hinderance for my sinful actions; if God didn't give me strength to flee from sins, I would have continued in my sins. Those were the times I felt so loved because of His grace. God is so gracious to me. Gosh, I really feel so precious in His eyes.

However, I have seen cases where GOd intervened but nothing was changed. Sad to say that the brother/sister has made their choice on who to follow. Thank God that opportunities to repent are always there, as long as we are alive, as long as Jesus has not return. There is still hope. =)

So as christian, as child of GOd, I will do what is right in His eyes and I will love my brothers and sisters(I don't think God say some or I am given any choice to choose). Just as GOd's promises stands true all the time, His standards are as firm. Any brothers and sisters within my influence/ radar, I am to love.

How many times have I resent against a brother;
how many times have I withdrew goodness/kindness from my brother;
how many times have I judge my brother;
how many times have I rebel against my leader;
how many times have I avoid loving my brother;
how many times have I think that he isn't good enough for my help;
how many times have I pay lips service to him;
how many times have I criticize my church(I don't mean Nexus here);

I am guilty and those are just few grains from the sack. Gosh it is tough to be like Christ.
Thank God for the grace that were given.
Thank God for the practical example Christ shown.
Thank GOd for the patience from my leaders.
Thank God for the forgiveness from my brothers and sisters.
Thank God for the strength to love.
Thank God for the strength to give.
Thank God for the faith to believe.

"...With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Mt19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment