Mar 13, 2009

What is best for me?


Yesterday Sarah and I went to watch Marley and me. It is a great movie. The dog is really cute and super hyperactive. Haha... He doesn't listen to commands from his master and mistress and he is scared of thunder storms. Even after a few years, he doesn't change. Still the couple loved him very much and accepted his flaws.=)

Personally I saw the sacrifice that the couple need to make to start a family. It wasn't easy. Marley is not easy but having kid is worst!!(said in the movie) Anyway, John Grogan (the male lead) works as a reporter. When he was called to work as a columnist, he wasn't very happy. He wanted to join his best friend to follow up some news as reporter. Even though he was successful with his column about his life (esp marley), he yearned to be a reporter. In the end, he managed to work as one in another company.

That was not the end. He was corrected for putting "himself" in the report that he wrote. In the end, he felt unfulfilled again. He actually asked his boss to start a column for him to write. Ironic! It seems that he knew what he wanted but in the end, it wasn't and it turned out that the work he liked was the area that God puts him, columnist. (it was by "chance" that he start to write on the column)

Alot of time we keep saying that this or that is the best for me or we know what is best for ourselves. Do we really know? Or are we blinded by our emotions or childhood dream that we stubbornly persisted. Maybe it is also a way to make sure that is not for me. Haha..

So what is best for me? Do I know best?

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5,6

I guess I don't know for sure. However I learnt that whatever I do, it is good to seek for more godly advices so that my victory will be sure. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment