Mar 16, 2009

My Grandma and my Uncle

Tonight I managed to visit my grandma with sarah. She looks better at home and she can remember me. Haha.. My uncle also found a maid who can speak mandarin to take care of her. The maid (from Myanmar) is suppose to reach singapore this week. Hope that she can assimilate into the family quickly.

I realised that my uncle had been improvising switches and gadgets to ensure that my grandma's needs and safety were taken care of. He is really a true engineer. He made mirrors so that he can see my grandma from his room through the reflections. He made a bell switch near the bed to wake him up in case she needs anything in the night. He also made a switch for her to on/off the fan while on bed. A overhanding handle was installed for her to use it when she has no strength to sit up. A frame was made to secure the bed side so that she will not fall out of bed and to prevent her from walking out of her bed at night. A made shift toilet bowl was put beside her in case she need the toilet.

Recently he prepared some materials for installation of CCTV (with IP address) so that he can monitor the house while at work.(you never know what the maid might do while you are gone) Thank God for my uncle.

I am trying to picture myself in his shoes when my parents are old. They love me and take great care of me. I will take good care of them when they are older too. It has to start now as well.=) Hope I can go for stroll with my grandpa soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment