What is True Spirituality?
Spirituality is about bringing ourselves entirely under the lordship of Christ. It has to do with how we put Christianity into practice in our day to day lives.
As God's representatives on earth, we are to put our spirituality into practice by demonstrating his reality to people who do not know Him, and bringing glory to His name through our lives and conduct, not only in "spiritual" matters, but also in our everyday responsibilities. We are also to view people as God views them, and to live according to the principles of His word.
These are something that I learnt from Hope Sem. I am glad that I signed up for this Christian Ethics seminar. These are part of the basis that form a framework to help me make God honouring decisions. =)
With this framework, it will be easier for me to explain why I do the things I do and to give an answer to my faith too. YEAH!! So first step is to practice and practice!
As I am pondering over this question about true spirituality, I can't help to be reminded of a brother, Yeu Ann. He is a creation pathway person. He always expressed his awe for God when immerse in nature. That is not all, sometimes he would share how he was filled with awe and how he felt so loved by God when reading certain verses in the bible. Recently, he shared alot on rainbows in his blog. How these rainbows reminded him of God and His covenant with us. God is so real and personal to Yeu Ann.
So envy... I want to have that kind of relationship with God as well.
Mar 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
*blush*! gee... thanks so much, bro, for your sweet words... :P deeply encouraged by ur words... =D u're a blessing to me too! let's love the Lord and taste His sweetness with every breath of sunshine every new morning...
ReplyDelete